Customized solutions for every individual and business.
Heckler & O’Keefe strives to provide personal and professional accounting and advisory services to a broad range of clients. These clients range from family-owned small businesses to large international corporations. Whether clients have a payroll tax issue or need a tax treaty interpretation, they can rely on the firm’s resources and expertise to solve their problems.
Whether you are a not-for-profit organization that needs a certified audit, a health care group that needs guidance with a complex compensation arrangement, or any company with an industry specific issue, Heckler & O’Keefe has the broad range of experience you need.
Heckler & O’ Keefe provides a broad range of services to meet all of your accounting needs, assisting with skillful and efficient personalized service.
Accounting and Auditing
Our tailored accounting solutions are focused on delivering measurable results for you or your business, while flexible to adapt to rapidly changing conditions.
- Audits, reviews, and compilations
- Personal financial statements
- Agreed-upon procedure engagements
- Internal control audits and reviews
Working collaboratively, our holistic approach with clients on strategy, planning, and problem-solving, produces practical results and helps clients develop business skills and knowledge.
- Business startup services including choice of entity and formation
- Maintenance of accounting books and records
- Preparation of payroll and sales tax filings
- Business dissolutions
- Review and implementation of complex compensation arrangements
Estates and Trusts
Whether facilitating the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries or providing your business with continuity, we can guide you in getting your financial affairs in order.
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns
- Preparation of fiduciary income tax returns
- Trust and estate administration and accountings
- Private foundations and charitable trust compliance
Our experienced accountants will ensure your U.S. tax filing obligations comply with U.S. requirements and coordinate with your foreign tax advisors to help facilitate your foreign tax compliance records.
- Tax planning and compliance for foreign taxpayers with United States activities, including entity classification, branch profits tax, tax withholding, application of tax treaty provisions, FIRPTA issues, ITIN acceptance agent services, and dual-status tax filings
- Tax planning and compliance for United States taxpayers with foreign activities, including foreign earned income exclusion, application of tax treaty provisions, PFIC and SubPart F issues, foreign tax credit maximization, foreign bank account reporting, and compliance for beneficiaries of foreign trusts
- Residency and domicile planning
We develop tax strategies for individuals and businesses that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities while ensuring all tax filings and reporting requirements are timely and accurately met.
- Business tax planning and compliance including multi-state and international issues affecting corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships
- Tax planning, compliance, and consulting for high net worth individuals, their families, and private foundations
- Estate and trust administration, compliance, and planning, including preparation of estate, gift, and fiduciary tax returns
- International tax planning and compliance for businesses and individuals with respect to inbound and outbound transactions
- Not-for-profit organization compliance services including exempt organization applications and annual federal and state tax filings
- Representation before the Internal Revenue Service, United States Tax Court, and state taxing authorities
- Business startup services including entity formation, maintenance of books and records, and payroll and sales tax filings
By helping you take the proper steps, our experienced accountants will assist your financial planners in reaching your goals in maintaining financial independence through a comfortable retirement.
- Pension & profit sharing plans
- Long-term investment strategy
- Review existing portfolio
- Individual retirement plans
- Business and self-employment plans